Monday, February 15, 2010

2010 Vancouver Olympic Fever-We've got it!












I have always loved watching the Olympics on TV, but never thought I would be able to watch them in person. Yesterday was the day! We left for Whistler at 6:00am, had a wonderful day with family and friends and when back home at 11:00pm. It was the first of 2 trips to Whistler during the Olympics. Jeff, Wyatt, Alex, Mark and myself drove up early and then met friends Jim, Stacy, Graham and Janelle at the event. It was the one-man luge at the Whistler sliding center. What a great day!
Highlights included:
-A beautiful sunny day (after a short down-pour right before the start)
-NO traffic or border waits
-THE EVENT!! - cowbells, flags and a lot of Vancouver 2010 Olympic spirit!
-Being in Canada during a historical gold medal win for their country
-A great Valentine dinner at the Keg
-Hot tubing at The Aspens after a long day in the cold

5 comments:

Tami said...

Looks like a good time. I'm glad the sun came out for you.

theSNAPsisters said...

Awesome! Can't wait till sunday!!

Melinda said...

Glad you had a great time. Where are the red mittens?!?

Janice said...

Great pics! Can't wait until next Sunday!!!

Les Hon said...

I'm considering you representative of all the folks in Whatcom County who are watching from afar and wishing we were there!!! Go USA!!!