Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Beginning of Our Incredible Journey...


It all started over 20 years ago when I met a young girl in Kenya, Africa...

It's been awhile since I've written on my blog, the months have flown by, our lives have been full and exciting, I just took a break from blogging. Now, there is something on my heart and I want to share. In couple months the Suitcase Survivor Girl, and Family are going on the ultimate suitcase survivor test - 8-10 suitcases to Kenya, Africa. More then anything, we need your prayers that the suitcases survive to their destination-Betty's school in Africa. After years of talking about going to Kenya we finally confirmed the trip and are busy preparing for our June trip. A lot of you know the background of the trip - if you do not know the story check out my book at(copy and paste following):

http://www.mypublisher.com/?e=OHm3Q8zJl3S-oeSm3edM_1jFvQE6iJqX&_mp=RaBOQuWeLEKer1yGLBuIpaeWJvQO4y80%0A">

It is the story of our sponsored child Selinah (later changed her name to "Betty") and our over 20 year relationship.
Jeff, Derek, Wyatt, our cousin Annie, and myself are taking the adventure of a lifetime-- going to seeing our family, and Betty's school in Kenya. There have been so many "WOW - God is good!" moments already in the preparations I just needed to share. So I am back, at least for awhile, and hopefully you will stay tuned to hear about God's goodness in our lives...

4 comments:

Les Hon said...

I enjoyed reading your book when Tami had it at the museum, and am excited now to hear about this big adventure to Kenya!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Robin Holbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Holbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Holbert said...

I am happy to see your book gaining a wider audience. Don't be shy with your story; it is both beautiful and well-told.